Monday, September 30, 2013

My dream life

  Someone once asked me what would I do with a million dollars? Where would you spend it? What would you spend it on or who? That my friends is a very good question. What would you all do? I myself would spend it the only way possible in my eyes......on my family! They are what is important to me...and making sure they have what they need is the only answer I have. This person said "that's all fine and good but really what is the dream life you would have for you and your family then?" Hmmmm my dream life....that is a good question.....and I have a great answer.

  8 years ago on September 24th, 2005 I made a life altering decision. One that people disregard as not important enough to hold on to in times of hardship. But I took it head on and 8 years later I still cherish my choice. My dream life started this day.
Happy 8 year Anniversary
    My family started 15 years ago. He is difficult and has a heart of gold all in the same body.
 
He hates this picture!

    Just two short years into my dream life we welcomed our 1st child. He was wanted so very badly and he almost wasn't here at all. He is sweet, kind and loving.......and oh so a perfectionist!

Such a doll face!


   Almost two years after that this one was born. Who would have thought he would have little horns hiding behind that smile.
Such a goof!
   And almost two years after that I felt a huge blow to our family. Something that has always left a hole a spot of emptiness. Not a day goes by I don't think about it or have a thought of I wish he could see this. I didn't know if this blow would tear our family apart or where our lives would go after it all happened. But it was just another chapter in our book another road on our journey together. He is missed.
Forever in our hearts

   So fast forward almost two more years.....some how I think me must like two's.... and my heart didn't hurt as much. He is full of life, spit fire and is the sweetest flirt you will ever meet.
                                                                              
Oh yeah he's cool!
   When asked as a little girl what I wanted to be when I grow up I would have said "a Mommy". That was my dream then and it still is today. Being a mom isn't all glamor or glitz. You don't get paid big bucks for it. It maybe messy and ugly at times but these.....these right here is why I do it.
                                                                                   
My Princes
   I fight dragons, demons and things the go bump in the night for them. I make choices everyday for them. I give as much as I can of me without overloading my heart for them. These are my dream. My family and my life are my dream.

   You can have dreams of grandeur and fancy things. You can have everything your heart desires if you please. But what is your dream? Do you have one? Is it beyond what you can have a "dream dream"? Or do you live your dream everyday? Is your dream life your everyday life? If it's not why not?



No comments:

Post a Comment