Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nicknames!

Well seeing as how my beautiful wonderful new camera took a noses dive on our Beach Vacation.......I have not wanted to use my old camera! It stinks and I mean stinks royal! I now remember why I wanted a new one! My boys are very active and so getting a pic of them is not a easy task at all....so I needed a camera that would take a shot just as fast as they move or pretty close to it!! My old one does not do this....so I have a 100 or more blurry shots that would have been so awesome if I had had a different camera! But I have taken just a few lately with my old one because well I had to or miss out on stuff.......so I will share a few pic's of  the boys. And this one of Pigpen ...I mean prince #3!
 
Pigpen
 Now we only gave him this nickname because well.........look at him! The dirt literally attacks him with in minutes! And it finds him no matter where he is!! Now the reason I so aptly named today's blog nickname is well we have given our boys nicknames....but for the life of me I am not sure why I never did give one to prince #1...shhhh he has one but he would not like it if I told you.......ok....."love bug"...shhhh don't tell him I told you! But Prince #2 was give his nickname only after the fact that he had to have his "nigh nite" 24/7.....and well it is blue....so he was dubbed "Luis". Prince #3 was dubbed "Pigpen" because some how some way that kid has dirt on him...and 99% of the time it came out of no where! It was and still is crazy! Other times it was self inflicted! Here are a few shots of my Pigpen..and you will see just what I mean.
PB&J attack!

Dinner attack!

Now I will give him the fact that these did involve food.......but he always looks like this! Well maybe not always! I do get some rare shots of him all cleaned up and looking mighty handsome....I will share a few of those too!
Handsome Boys!

Still Handsome!

Low key Handsome!!
My little handsome Pigpen!!


I may be biased but I do believe my prince's clean up rather nice!! I mean even the oldest does! See! (prince #3 did not want his brother to touch him.....hence the look on his face...he was mad!)
Handsome boys!
A little disheveled by still handsome!
No matter if my boys are dirty or spiffed up they are my boys......and I do love them each for who they are and who they may become. I can not change what they like or what they may do with their lives but why would I! They are all different in personality as much as they have different likes and dislikes! I love them and that is what matters most!
I had many a nickname growing up.....mostly from my dad.....who if I could hear him call me "skinny or Olive Oil" one more time I would take it. Some people think that nicknames are mean and to be honest sometimes they are especially if they intend to hurt someones feelings.....but I believe that if a nickname is used as an endearment toward someone you love and not in a hurtful manner than by all means love your kids give them a loving nickname! My Grandpa had give all us grand kids nicknames and for the life of me I wish I could remember every one's I only remember a few. Those are memories that should be remembered and cherished...and I really hope my boys will remember and cherish theirs!



No comments:

Post a Comment