Monday, August 22, 2011

The best day ever....or at least for a 4yr old and 2yr old!!

Almost 11yrs ago a Grandfather bought a metal swing set for his Grandson! He bought the biggest one he could find! His 2yr old Grandson thought it was the best gift ever! Now for the life of me I can not find a picture of the old swing set in my files anywhere! You would think I would have one of the boys playing on it at some point and time in the life span of the old swing set....but alas I can not find one! So here is one of the same set as ours was except for one part the little see saw swing by the slide...ours had a two seat glider swing instead.....please note...that is not our house or our kids!!
Grandpa did good 10 + years go!
 That swing set has great sentimental value to a almost 13 year old.......why??? Because his Grandpa is now gone..it has been almost 3 years come November. Prince #1 was very mad at the fact Grandma was going to have the old swing set replaced. He has been mad for weeks...hearing us talk about the new one and what is going to happen to the old one...etc. He has been mad since the boxes arrived over a week ago! And he has been mad at each and every step as the new one went up! Prince #1 feels that if you take way what he feels important that no one cares about what it means to him. But what he doesn't understand is he is not the only one that felt sad at the old swing set coming down...I just don't show it. So over the last few days I have decided to try and figure out what we can do with the old parts to the old swing set......something that would be just for Prince #1....something he would find special! Now just to figure it out!
I will share with you the pictures of the New Swing Set going up! I don't have any of the old one coming down because my other camera's (which I hate) battery was dead as a door nail!! So I only got these!
Stage 1! Framing!

Stage 2! Starting on the fort part!

Stage 3! Almost there!

Stage 4! Just missing a few things!

DONE!!!!!

Let the fun began!!
Having a good time!

More Fun!

They will be tired tonight!

Now it only took a few days for our awesome Daddy to build this! I actually put on the climbing rocks with a little help from prince #2.....somebody had to hold then in place while I tightened the bolts!! But he was helping and he loved it! Now if you look closely in the 4th to last picture you see the 2 for fun glider leaning up against the post there (it is yellow by the slide...not prince #1 but just below him)...well it seems that when all was said and done we were missing 2 bolts and the parts for them.....go figure! Well I emailed the customer support for the company that makes this swing set and they are sending out the parts we are missing ASAP!
Now I said before that Prince #1 has not been pleased about this new play set....he has complain and moaned and groaned for weeks now........but who may I ask was in three of the pictures....and who was playing on it with some of his friends.....and who did I hear say "Whoa this is really fun!!" Oh yeah that's right the almost 13 year old who was mad and pitched a fit many a time that's who!! In the end I knew he would get over his hating the fact that the old swing set had to come down and I knew he would actually really like the new one! Now if I could just figure out how to get him to do school work.....Hmmmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment