Monday, June 20, 2011

UGGHHHH...Mondays!

I think what I hate the most about Mondays is it......just means we have to start all over again!! And I am beginning to really hate Summertime Mondays.....now why is it the in the winter the weeks go by so slow and it seems to drag on FOREVER!! But as soon as summer hits the weeks just fly by and I am thinking to myself.....OMG where did summer go....I am not ready for winter again.....STOP BACK UP.....WAIT JUST A DANG MINUTE!!! Just totally how I feel this Monday morning. And I think especially this summer I am feeling very rushed....because my oldest prince just finished school and the home school program he is on has switched calendar years this year...and he will start again in the middle of August instead of the 1st of September....so he really only has a month and a half of summer! Poor kid....poor me....poor everybody involved! So I would at east like to get in one good summer trip in this year.....and I would totally love to go to the beach (and not the one at the little lake by our house...totally does not count)! The little princes have never been to the "Ocean beach" (prince #2's name for it) and would enjoy it to no end...especially since they love the water! So this is a future trip (I hope)!
Now I could try to recap my week but to be honest I can't remember half of it. I know that we went on Thursday to get the little princes a pool and then Friday prince #2 swam in it all afternoon...until I dragged him out of it at 5pm!!
Fun in the new pool!
But prince #3 well.....he was totally not going into that pool no matter what.....he screamed like a banshee when I tried to but him in it....(maybe it was tad bit cold...ok well freezing)....once I pulled him out he said to me "I don't like it....I don't care" and stood next to the little pool in a pout and crossed arm stance...and he just kept saying over and over "I don't care I don't care I don't care!" Which to hear him say this is actually quite funny but as a parent we are trying not to laugh because he is quite serious about it (laughing on the inside)!
So comes Saturday...now every 3rd Saturday in June is the little car show in town.....it is not huge but has about 50 or so cars in it. Now having what we call 2 gear heads in this family.....one big one(dad) and on small one(prince #2)....we had to go. So we make our way up to the show....look at the cars and decided we need some lunch...and decide on the little diner near by. Now when I say near by I mean.....you can walk through the car show and look at all the cars and walk right into the diner. Every year they have a bounce house for the kids at the diner...now after we have our lunch prince #2 is more than ready to play in this bounce house...so since you can see the bounce house from our table outside we let him go. Prince #2 is very sociable and because of this he makes buddies fast....so he is having a grand time bouncing away. But prince #3 is sitting at the table with us watching his brother and watching this bounce house......when he says "I want go".....so I follow him over to the bounce house and try to take off his shoes and he starts screaming like the banshee from (well you know where)....so I put him back down and he runs back to our table yelling "I don't care....I don't care.....I don't care!!!" Really little prince really.....you are a pain in my rear!! So he hates the pool, he hates bounce houses and in a minute I will tell you what else we now know he hates to! After the car show we came home and did many a little things around here (mainly laundry....uugghh).
Sunday morning came as usual and we were up and movin' around and getting ready for our day. Sunday's are always a little more difficult to get everyone moving and out the door for meetings but we always manage to get out the door all in one piece. Afterward we were getting ready to leave when a friend invited us for lunch.....which is always nice to do.....good friends, good food = good day! While at these wonderful peoples home we were telling the little princes that the lady of the house loves animals and that she loves animals so much so she works for a vet. So after we have a yummy lunch and good company....the boys were playing outside and both of them look up from the back yard and see 2 of the horses that are pinned in next to the house. They both came a running yelling "look look horses Mom look horses"! (actually prince #3 thinks they are cows...but you know honest mistake) So I said "do you want to go over and see the horses".....they did not even think twice about that one "YES" and started running toward the fence...which I told them "STOP wait a minute"...both came to a screeching halt and waited for me. So Dad and I wandered over with them to the fence that runs along side the property. The horses had meandered out to the far side of the pin....so we called to them and talked to them....they just looked at us like "yeah right we saw those two coming......we ain't coming over there!" (which I didn't blame them one bit) So as we talked to them and told the boys if we are real quiet maybe they will come see us....yeah quiet is not their strong suit...although prince #2 can be very quiet when need be but prince #3...well let just say....not so much!  I got a few pictures of them stand by the fence talking to the horses...
Looking from a far!

...and in the mean time the lady of the house wandered out into the field and managed to bring one of the horses over for the boys to see close up. Prince #2 was more the willing to pet the horse and pet and pet and pet the horse.
Loving the horse!!
Now the the reason I only have pictures of prince #2 petting the horse.........Prince #3 screamed yet a again like a banshee from (well you know where) as soon as that horse came to the fence! I even picked him up and held him to get closer to the horse and you would have thought that it was the most scariest thing that kid had ever seen in his life!! And yet again started crying "I don't care I don't care I don't care!"(that and when I handed dad the camera he managed to turn it off instead of take a picture of me and him by the horse) But needless to say prince #3 was having none of it this week.....NONE OF IT.....I hope at least when it comes time to go to the "Ocean Beach" he doesn't have his "I don't care" attitude with him...cause if he does I may just leave him home!!! (which since his oldest brother has pretty much the same attitude 95% of the time he can stay home with him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment