Monday, June 6, 2011

Waiting just may kill me today!

Well last night we had threats of thunder storms in the Sierra Mountains.....I did not hear any thunder or see any lighting...but the downpour of rain that blasted this county last night....good lord it could have washed away a elephant! And I am pretty sure I would have seen some lighting and heard some thunder since I was up until mid-night waiting for my hubby to get home. He has been working the last 4 days on a project with my brother-in law that for the most part is a great idea....the only problem is getting the "people" to buy into this project. Hence the wait may kill me part! See in this part of sunny California jobs are far and few between...especially in the construction department! So since November of last year my wonderful hard working hubby has been on unemployment....which is great when you need it...the only problem now is he drew his last check last week! And most of the time by March he is back at work and we are not under so much stress...but this year we have not been so lucky. So today we wait on the prospect of work.....and pray till we can't pray no more....and to be honest after the last year we have endured....we need something good to happen in our lives! God only gives us what we can handle....and to be honest I don't think I can handle much more!!

So for now as I wait and wait and wait....I will recall last nights event.
Everyone sleeping so sound in there bed...or so we all thought. For see we have a child (prince #2) who has from the very beginning  of his life been in our bed (my fault, but in my defence after having almost lost him I could not let him be away from me). Ok back to my story...ever since he was moved to his big boy bed (which was when prince #3 arrived) he has woken up in the middle of the night and comes an climbs in bed with us. Most nights hubby waits until he goes back to sleep and moves him back to his on bed. Well ever since we moved prince #3 in to a big boy bed he now wakes up and comes climbs into our bed as well (bring a few friends along...and depending on how many he can carry all at once....most nights it is his Bear (it is half his size), chick and  Tigger)!! And I can tell you that 4 in a Queen size bed plus 2 cats, a dog and a small entourage of stuffed animals.....good sleep does not make!! So if you will take a moment and picture this in your mind.....close your eyes....think about a mommy and a daddy soundly sleeping...when along comes a lad still sleepy and sad. He comes to mom's side and climbs on up....most nights prince #2 is thrown  into the middle of the bed.....and then sometime in the wee hours of the morn. prince #3 climbs in on mommies side as well but he gets left on mommies side cause she is to tired to care! Can you picture it? Did you see it in your mind? I am sure it looks quite funny and maybe even cute....but really it is not!
So last night was no different or so I thought. I woke up around 4:30 or so and had a small growth on my arm....I mean child...I was trapped or so I thought. Now at this point and time I thought the small child that laid across my arm was prince #3. I managed to to wiggle free of this small body...sat up and scooped up this small child and thought to myself "man this kid is getting heavy" but I hoisted him up anyway and hauled him back to his little big boy bed. Now if you can imaged at 4 am in the morning it is still very much dark and since I did not want him wide awake and have him come strolling back to our bed....I didn't turn on any light what so ever....big mistake!! So imagine again if you will me making my way into the boys room (they all share one) and heading over to the little big boy bed. I lean down ready to pull back the covers and lay him in it.........when all of the sudden a small figure catches my eye! I lean back up (still holding my small sleeping child) trying to adjust my eyes for more light so I can see better....I look again and the small figure is still there....or are my eyes playing tricks on me??? At this point in time my mind it truly boggled as to how I am seeing prince #3 laying in his bed when I am holding him in my arms?! I even began to think I must be dreaming this is too weird! Should I go back to my bed and do this over?Should I wake my hubby to enlighten me on why I am seeing what I was seeing? So I stood next to this little big boy bed seriously confused...then it hit me as I looked one last time at the bed with the sleep child.........OMG....no wonder this child is so heavy.....I was hold prince #2! So needless to say at this point I felt so stupid to not have realised which child I had...but in my defence it was dark and I was really tired having only slept 4 hours pryer to this event. So I placed the proper child in his proper bed...and slinked back to my bed thinking....I really should have turned on a light!

No comments:

Post a Comment