Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Where does the time go??

I love all my boys.....as any mother would....but each of them has a different special place in my heart. And so today I thought I would tell you about how Prince #2 came into my life!
In September 2005 I married my hubby....Best day of my life! Well a few months later I told him I really wanted to have another baby before I was 30 yrs old (I was a young 28 back then)...and he being the wonderful man he was said ok (he really doesn't tell me no very often). So we began the trip to baby making.....and it took a lot longer than it should have...we tried for over a year....1yr and 3 months to be exact...It came down to this...my hormones were way off and thus preventing proper things to happen. Once that was fixed and squared away..it took only a month to get pregnant! We were very happy about this!  And I even took 2 tests because I couldn't believe it...especially since it took over a year!

Fast forward to the end of the pregnancy.....mostly because my pregnancies are uneventful. By this time we had found out we where expecting a little baby boy. Aj was very excited to be getting a little brother. And I was just ready for it to be over. Well his due date came and went and my Doctor said "if he doesn't come by the weekend we will induce you". Which was fine by me...I was so over being pregnant. Now don't miss understand I love my kids and would love more...but I do not enjoy being pregnant! I have had horrid morning sickness with all my pregnancy....not something I enjoy. Ok back to my story.....So the weekend comes and goes...Monday morning I go to the Doc and he says well since you are still prego I see....I decided to schedule you for an induction...but here is the thing....usually I schedule those things for Thursday but instead I said Tuesday.....so I thought I would ask you what you want to do before I changed it back to Thursday. So there I am having the Doc tell me I can have this baby first thing in the morning or wait??.....ah seriously...DUH.....tomorrow! So it was all set for tomorrow morning!! WOO HOO!! So the next morning we showed up at the labor and delivery floor at 7am...Got a room and the Doc came in and said "let's break your water and start this"! Fine by me......now as the Doc is digging around with the little hook thing that helps break your water....I was thinking....should he really need to dig around? Which right about then he says "hummm you don't seem to have any fluid". My mind snaps me back to his voice...and I manage to say "What does that mean....doesn't the baby need that?" Which next came all the question "Did you feel your water break?" "Has the baby been active?" When this, what that? I lost count of all the questions.....which the answer to most where yes or no. And at that point no one could understand what happened to it or when it left! Except one nurse (who by the way was awesome) came in and said "well what we are thinking is that you are really 2 weeks late and this little guy should have come weeks ago! (WHAT) But really I was pretty sure of this too...cause I had a feeling. So at this point they gave me the IV with the stuff the helps start labor along (not in the mood to look up how to spell it right now)....so 8am I am hooked up to a IV and with in a hour I am in labor (oh goody). Now with my 1st prince being my first I waited drugs and I got drugs (whole lot a pain). But this time it wasn't near as bad as the 1st time so I said "can I have something to just take the edge of"......boy did it work GREAT! So October 2nd 2007 at 1pm it was time to push this baby out.....in fact he was out in less than 5 pushes. And as soon as he was out they hauled him to the warming table...at this point I remember them placing 1st son on me....so I was starting to freak out. Then I heard him scream like nobodies business (oh thank god). They wrapped him up and placed him on me...and 5 minutes later took him away.......I didn't see him again until 5pm that night. And this is why......
He was saturated in Meconium....so badly that the nurses nicknamed he the "pollinated baby" because when they rubbed him to get this stuff off it looked like he had been dusted in pollen. The whole time that this little guy was away from me...he was in distress! He could not maintain blood oxygen level, blood sugar or his body temp. and so we got to see him before they sent him to the NICU in Modesto. I cried the whole time we were sitting by the little medical cradle thing. And at 8pm they wheeled him into my room in a to go incubator ready to leave for the NICU.......I was dieing in side.....my baby was going somewhere else and I couldn't do anything about it. I didn't sleep very well that night. But first thing in the morning my awesome Doc told me "I will release you so you can go see your baby....but only if you promise me you won't over do it"! DEAL!! So I got to see my baby....but like this.....
stong little boy...and next to those other little babes....he was a moose....he weight 5lbs 8oz...most of the little ones in there were under 3lbs.  But this is where I held him for the very first time (really).  This one is my favorite picture from NICU stay.
Daddy holding him   
And so he spent a week in the NICU and boy was I terrified.....but we finally got him home and he is here alive and doing very well......considering that he was born a very sick little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment